The e-Gram Swaraj platform also allows users to make payments online, one of its most important features. India has pushed for complete digitisation with this initiative, which allows panchayats to make payments online and boosts the digital payment system in rural areas. The mechanism for disbursing funds is also more accountable and transparent.
Gram Panchayats (GPs) now have an online digital payment option provided by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR). In addition, the ministry has mandated that GPs must pay their vendors or service providers digitally in real-time. As a result of this initiative, payments will be made promptly to service providers and vendors. It will also achieve the government’s goal of 100% Panchayat onboarding.
E-gram Swaraj Portal Account Creation
Signing up with e-Gram Swaraj is the first and foremost requirement for making payments. Individuals can create accounts on the portal to stay informed about village development activities. To register with the portal, simply follow these steps:
- Step 1- Visit the official website of e-Gram Swaraj on your browser
- Step 2- Select the ‘Apply Online’ option.
- Step 3- You will see a registration form that you need to fill out
- Step 4- Complete the registration form and receive your credentials.
What is the E-gram Swaraj Portal payment process?
Online payments on the e-Gram Swaraj portal enable accountability. The following steps must be followed to make an online payment through the e-Gram Swaraj portal:
- E-Gram Swaraj’s official website can be found here.
- At the end of the signup process, you will receive a username and password
- Hit the ‘login’ button after entering the captcha code for verification
- As soon as you log in successfully, you will see a panel on the left side of the screen. Select ‘payment voucher’ from the menu
- Click on the ‘Online Payment’ option under the ‘Payment Voucher’ section
- A screen would appear allowing you to create a payment voucher. The following information should be filled out on the form
- Payment methods
- Select the type of scheme you wish to pay for from the drop-down list
- Select the scheme from the drop-down menu
- Use smart-search to type and select the details that you need
- Enter the amount you must pay
- Fill out the details of the payment method, and select the mode of payment
- Click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the page
- At the bottom of the page, click the ‘Freeze’ button to confirm your details
- You will receive an email confirming the submission of your voucher and the voucher number.
- Using your digital signature, you can close your entries for a particular date. To do so,
- Close the day book again by selecting the close date option as mentioned above
- Select ‘Master Entry’ from the left panel
- Select ‘DSC Management’
- Select ‘Sign FTO’
- You can verify your details on the screen that appears, and approve them with your Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
Is it possible to view the payment status of E-gram Swaraj online?
The e gram swaraj payment status can be viewed online by anyone. The village-wise and online payment status reports can be accessed through the official website of e-Gram Swaraj, or through its mobile application. On the e-Gram Swaraj Portal, you can view the status of payments:
- E-Gram Swaraj’s official website has a Payment Report page
- You will be directed to a page with a form to fill out titled “Online Payment Status Report”
- Fill out all the necessary details such as the Financial Year, State, Report Type, Scheme Type, Amount In, and Captcha answer.
- Toward the bottom of the page, click the ‘View Report’ button.
- The screen would display a full report of the payment status.
E-gram Swaraj: The Importance of Online Payments
e-Gram Swaraj aims to integrate AuditOnline with the Online Payment Interface in order to streamline audit inquiries and facilitate Panchayat account auditing. It enhances transparency, and accountability in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs), so that they can develop a plan to develop the panchayat, and implement it effectively.
To maximize the benefits of this initiative, the Indian Government has taken steps to boost rural broadband connectivity. As part of the e-Gram Swaraj initiative, the general public can also contribute to rural development.