As a result of the Employees’ Provident Fund Ordinance Proclamation on 15 November 1951, the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) came into existence. Also, PF Registration in India was subsequently replaced by the Employees’ Provident Funds Bill, 1952.
Additionally, the Employees’ Provident Funds Bill of 1952 was introduced to Parliament in order to provide provident funds to the employees in factories and in other establishments. The statute in question is called The Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Act of 1952.
EPF or Employees Provident Funds can be a useful tool for saving. Under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation of India manages Provident Funds. PF Registrations become mandatory for organizations with 20 or more employees. Employees and employers both contribute 12% of their basic salaries plus DA and retaining allowance to the PF fund.
Benefits from taxes
Under Section 80C, employees whose employee provident fund has lain dormant for three years will still be eligible for exemption from tax and continue to earn interest.
In addition, after five years of consistent service, the employee’s provident fund withdrawal is tax-free, unless the employee is fired or quits voluntarily.
Benefits of insurance
Certain benefits are being provided by EPFO through the Employee’s Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI). In the case of the death of an employee, while serving under the same policy, an insured person receives a lump-sum amount.
Moreover, EPFO has increased the minimum insurance amount from Rs 1.45 lakh to Rs 2.45 lakh. Now, the maximum benefit is Rs 6 lakh.
Above all, EDLI is automatically enrolled in an employee’s provident fund account, so no application is needed by the employee
Pension for life
A lifetime pension is provided under the Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995. Furthermore, the employee and employer contributions to the employee’s provident fund, part of which is diverted to the Employment Pension Scheme.
Although EPFO is opposed to withdrawals from the provident fund, it is mainly concerned with providing social security benefits, not bank accounts.
In spite of this, it allows partial withdrawals after five to ten years for special needs such as home loan repayment, medical expenses, and unemployment.
Benefit Payment Will Be 20 Times Wage
The revised scheme doubles employees’ provident fund contributions or wages 20 times, whichever is less. The maximum benefit amount increased to Rs 3 lakh from Rs 6500, and an additional benefit amount of 20% is also paid due to the higher salary cap of Rs 15,000.
Online EPF Registration Process For Employer Registration
- Registration for employers is handled by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization.
- Click on “Our Services.” Then choose “PF Online Registration of Establishments (OLRE Portal)” this will direct you to the employer registration page.
- If you select the “Register” option on the employer registration homepage, you must fill in the required information including name, employer’s PAN, address, state, etc.
- Fill out the Employer Registration Form, then click “Get PIN.”.
- Moreover, we will send the PIN to your mobile number. For the declaration, choose “I agree” to the above statement.
- Then submit your application.
- You will receive a link to submit your application for epf registration India of Establishment at your mentioned email address after you apply.
Online registration for DSCs using EPF
Employers receive a username and password after completing the Employer EPF Registration. This information is necessary for obtaining a DSC (Digital Signature Certificate).
- You can log in at the Employer Registration homepage with your username and password.
- Next, select the “Digital Certificate.” Confirm your details and select “Register Certificate.”.
- An employer’s name and mobile number will appear here automatically from the employer’s records. Names can be edited, but not mobile numbers.
- By pressing “Next,” you’ll be asked to select the type of certificate you need based on your DSC.
- You’ll see a pop-up when you choose “Sign with USB Token.”. Select “Run.” from the menu.
- You can now get the DSC details with the “USB Token Certificate.”. Additionally, ensure the USB Token is inserted correctly into the USB port.
- Please enter your PIN details for the DSC certificate and click OK.
- View the details of the digital signature, including the Active DSC registration message.
- Finally, you qualify for PG Code. Select fill application form.