GST registration requires taxpaying entities to electronically file Form GST REG-01 with required data and documents via the GST portal site at www.gst.gov.in.
GST REG-01 Process
- Go to https://www.gst.gov.in/.Click the ‘Login’ option on the right-hand side
- Step 2 – Use the correct login credentials, which are your username and password, then enter the captcha and click ‘Login’
- Part-A of Form GST REG-01 can be found under Services > Registration > New Registration
- Choose the following information from the drop-down list
- Categories of applicants
- Please fill-out all the following details carefully:
- The business’s legal name
- To verify your account automatically, you need a permanent account number
- E-mail address
- Mobile number
A text message will be sent to your mobile number and email address for mobile number and email verification. You will receive an OTP via your phone number and email address. Upon completion of the above procedure, the user/mobile taxpayer’s phone and email will be notified of a temporary reference number as well as the completion of Part-A of form GST REG 01
Click Here For GST apply online
After submitting Part-A, applicants must enter their Reference Number in order to access the portal
Now the applicant must submit each of the following details one by one:
- Information about the company
- Promoters/partners Details
- Details on the authorized signatory (if any)
- Authorized representative’s information (if any)
- Information about the main location of business
- Additional information about the main place of business (if any)
- Goods and/or services provided
- State-specific details.
- Aadhaar verification must then be completed
- You can verify your information once you’ve entered all the information correctly. Using an E-Signature, Digital Signature Certificate, or EVC, the applicant can submit Form GST REG-01
If all of the preceding processes or procedures have been completed by the applicant, then submission of Form GST REG-01 will be considered complete. A certificate of registration in FORM GST REG-06 showing the principal business location and additional business locations shall be available to the applicant on the GST portal once this application for registration has been approved, as well as a Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) in the following format:
- For the State code, there are two characters;
- The PAN is ten characters long;
- two characters for the entity code; and
- one checksum character.
On the GST portal, each registration certificate will be digitally signed by the competent officer under the CGST Act.