In India, food businesses are regulated by this government body that ensures they follow government regulations. Food inspectors are responsible for ensuring that the food is unadulterated and meets specified standards. Those products that do not meet these specifications are discarded. In India, businesses and food establishments require licenses. Additionally, it outlines the rules and regulations for conducting business in India.The FSSAI license can be categorized into three types::
FSSAI Food License Types
The FSSAI issues the following licenses in India:
- Central License
- State License
- Basic Registration
Registrar’s Central Licence
- The FSSAI issues central licenses to companies operating in the food or export-oriented industries, as well as large manufacturers, governments, ports, and airports.
- The government issues the licenses.
- If a company operates in more than one state or city, its head office must have a license
- An FBO license can be obtained by those with a turnover exceeding Rs. 20 crores
- in the next five years
Obtaining a license for FSSAI registration is not an easy task
- It is for SMEs such as transports, storage houses, distributors, marketers, etc.
- operating in a single state
- with an annual turnover of Rs. 12 lakh.
- It is possible to obtain a license for a period of time of up to five years, a minimum period of one year is required.
Getting a Basic Registration License from the FSSAI
- State governments issue licenses to small manufacturers, storage facilities, transporters, marketers, and distributors.
- Each year, 12 lakhs are issued.
- The licenses can be for 1 year or 5 years.
Food licenses in India require certain formalities. Here are the sections:
- The form A should be completed (basic registration and turnover of less than Rs.12 lakh) and the form B should be completed (turnover less than Rs.20 crore).
- The information is validated and verified within seven days.
- Upon acceptance of the application, the applicant will also receive a registration certificate, which will include their registration number and photo
- on the certificate, as well as the place of business and operational hours on the certificate
FSSAI license registration documents:
- Address verification
- proof of identity
- list of food categories
- Plan of layout
- Showing all the equipment
- Photo of passport
- Municipal NOC
- Certificate of Authority
- Code for Import and Export
- Water Testing Report
Besides the fowling documents, you will also need the following:
- As soon as possible, please complete and sign Form B
a plan of the processing facility
- Directors and members of the company, including contact information, proof of address, and photo identification
- documents for each product category
- manufacturer authorization letter
- including a complete report on water used during manufacturing
- A Ministry of Commerce certificate is also required.
- code document from DGFT
- and proof that you own the premises
- and the license from the manufacturer
- Form IX
- Form IX
- Ministry of Tourism certification
- and partnership agreement
- agreement, as well as declaration from
- a certificate of food safety management
Documentation for central, state, and basic registration is almost identical.
FSSAI licenses have the following advantages:
- Legal benefits will result from it
- since it helps to build goodwill
- among consumers
- Regulating storage, sale, or import of food, manufacturer, etc., will be easier.